Step 1. Procedure To Clean The Paper Feed Roller
- Firstly, make sure that your printer is switch On. After that, remove if there is any paper from the rear tray.
- After that, open the printer properties dialogue box using the procedure that can vary according to your Operating System.
- First of all, press the windows and the X key on your keyboard.
- In the search box, type “Control Panel” and press the enter key.
- Next, choose “Devices and Printers”
- As a result, the devices and the printer window will be displayed on your screen.
- Right-click on the printer list and select “Print Preferences” from the menu that appears.
- Then click the Maintenance tab, and then the “Roller Cleaning” tab.
- Subsequently, you need to confirm your message and click on the “Ok” tab.
- As a result, the paper feed roller will rotate as it cleans.
- First, make sure the roller of the paper feed stops spinning. After that, load three or more sheets of plain paper sized A-4 in portrait orientation in the rear tray when the message appears. Here, you’ve got to set the paper thickness lever to the right.
- Confirm the message shown then and press the “Ok” button.
- As a result, the paper loaded in the printer feeds through the printer and can be ejected. No other procedure is recommended while the paper feed roller is being cleaned.
- Finally, you need to confirm the message shown and click on the “Ok” tab.
If you still have this problem, shut the printer off, disconnect the power plug. After that, wipe the paper feed roller on the right side of the back tray with a moistened cotton swab. So, when you clean, rotate the roller manually. Do not touch your fingers in the paper feed roller, rotate with the cotton swab.
- First, make sure your printer is turned on. Then remove if there is any paper from the rear tray.
- Then open the paper output tray gently, and extend it to open the output tray extension.
- Then open the Canon Printer IJ utility.
- To do that, open “system preferences” and click “print and fax.” After that, select the name of your printer in Printers. Now, click on the Utility / Printer Setup icon. Then in the feature list select your printer name and click ‘maintenance.’
- You need to clean the paper feed roller after that. To do this, make sure that cleaning is selected from the pop-up menu. Then click on the “Roller Cleaning” button. Now, select the source of the paper to be cleaned. Next, click “Ok.” As a result, the roller of the paper feed will rotate as it is cleaned.
- Next, you need to make sure the paper feed roller stops rotating. After that, load three or more sheets of plain paper sized A-4 in portrait orientation in the rear tray when the message appears. The paper thickness lever must be adjusted to the right here.
- Then confirm the displayed message and click the “Ok” button.
- As a result, the paper that is loaded into the printer feeds through the printer and can be ejected. It is recommended that no further operation be carried out while the paper feed roller is being cleaned.
- Finally, you need to confirm the displayed message and click the “Ok” tab.
If the line feed is either scratched or smeared, simply clean the LF or EJ slit film with a non-corrosive solution.
If any particles, debris or foreign objects are stuck in the LF drive, remove the jammed object properly.
Step 4. Procedure for deleting print jobs from the print queue
- Next, press the windows and R key on your keyboard.
- Then type “services.msc” in the Run window. Tap on the tab “Sure.”
- The services window would then appear. You will scroll down to the Print Spooler here. Then click on it right-click and press “Stop.”
- Click the windows and R key from your keyboard again.
- Then, type “spool” in the run box and press “Ok.”
- Type”% systemroot percent \System32\spool\printers,” and press the entry key.
- First, select all files by holding ctrl and a key.
- To delete all files, click the “delete” key.
- Then, after all the files have been deleted, close the spool folder.
- Go back to the services tab after that. Now, right click on the folder “Print Spooler Service” and click the button “Start.”
Sometimes even a defective printer component can affect the printer ‘s ability. So, in order to overcome this problem, it is important to replace the defective parts. The defective part of the printer can contain slit film from LF and EJ. It may also include a timing sensor unit, a paper feed roller unit, and a logic board.
Step 6: Procedure for restarting your printer
- Next, you need to unplug the power switch on your printer device. Then, leave it in the same pause mode for a few seconds.
- Then re-plug your printer’s power cord and turn it on again.
- Then press the “Power” button and hold it for a few seconds. Next, double-click the “Stop” button.
- Then this process needs to be repeated one or more times.
- Now, this time you need to release the “Power” button very slowly.
- Finally, you need to press the “Stop” button four times.
If your printer is surrounded by documents, make sure that you secure the clear space in front of the tray before copying or printing. If the error message is displayed and you find something in front of the tray, remove it. After that, turn off the printer and turn off the printer again, and the printer will be ready for printing.
This completes the troubleshooting steps to completely fix Canon error 6000.